Hi, there. I’m Dr. Alan Greenberg, a homeopathic headache doctor in Las Vegas. After years of practice, I’ve seen many patients struggle with various headache disorders. Most of them come to my clinic after months of relying on over-the-counter medications and alternative solutions, desperately seeking pain relief.
What makes headaches a tricky problem is their complexity. There are more than a hundred types of headache, and medications address only a fraction of them. The key to treating this condition lies in identification. Establish what type you’re suffering from, and only then can you can determine how to alleviate and prevent them.
Identifying Your Headache
According to the World Health Organization, about 50% of adults aged 18-65 worldwide experienced at least a single headache the past year. Not all of them are migraines. To give you an idea of how diverse headaches are, let’s discuss their most common types and their respective symptoms.
A study showed that approximately five million people in the US suffer from at least a single migraine attack per month. An individual suffering from a migraine often experiences an intense, throbbing pain on one of the sides of their head. Other symptoms include:
- Increased sensitivity to light, smell, and sound
- Partial loss of vision
- Muscle weakness
- Pins and needles feeling
- Difficulty in speaking
Migraines can be triggered by the following:
- Hormonal changes
- Sleep disruption
- Skipped meals
- Tension Headaches
Most people suffer from tension headaches occasionally. Here are their symptoms:
- Dull, persistent pain on both sides of the head
- Increased sensitivity to light and sound
- A sense of pressure behind the eyes
- Tenderness of the head, face, neck, and shoulders
The triggers of tension headaches include:
- Loud noises
- Inadequate sleep
- Eye strain
- Skipped meals
- Poor health
Many headaches are triggered by stress and anxiety. That is why, as an anxiety doctor in Las Vegas, I often ask my patients to describe their headache (if they’re experiencing any) and identify its frequency.
- Medication-Overuse Headaches
Also known as rebound headaches, medication-overuse headaches are marked by persistent aches with symptoms similar to those of migraines and tension headaches. It is triggered by taking painkillers for more than 15 days on a single month.
- Cluster Headaches
A study suggests that men are six times more likely to suffer from cluster headaches compared to women. Intense, sudden, and recurrent, this is not a headache that you should take lightly. Its symptoms include:
- Severe, burning sensation around or behind the eye
- Intense sensitivity to light and sound
- Swollen eyelid
- Watery eyes
There are no specific triggers for cluster headaches although studies show that most happen to smokers.
If the symptoms of these disorders are familiar to you, don’t hesitate to get chronic pain treatment in Las Vegas today. Avoid waiting them out. The symptoms by themselves are debilitating. Even if they subside over time, there’s a huge chance that they’re indicative of a serious condition.
How Homeopathic Treatments Can Help
Homeopathy is one of the most widely used therapeutic systems in the world. It works by stimulating the natural healing mechanisms of the body to facilitate pain relief and recovery. Here’s how homeopathic treatments can help patients suffering from headaches.
- It is customized. With homeopathy, you can rest assured that you’re getting the right remedy for your aches. A thorough assessment is conducted to ensure the efficacy of the treatment.
- It targets painful areas specifically. Homeopathic treatments for headaches vary depending on the pain’s focal point. The Belladonna 200C, for example, targets throbbing aches on the neck, temples, forehead, and the back of the head. The Silica 200C, on the other hand, is for headaches that encompass the entire head.
- It works well with painkillers. Homeopathic treatments don’t interfere with your painkillers and other medication. In fact, they are typically taken together.
- It will improve your health over time. Homeopathy promotes your natural healing mechanisms, enhancing your immune system in the process. As a result, the risk of you developing various conditions is reduced.
As a headache doctor in Las Vegas that’s certified by the Nevada State Homeopathic Board of Examiners, I, Dr. Alan Greenberg, can help you find the best remedy for your headache. Start your journey to a headache-free life. Call us at 702.476.5100 to schedule a consultation today.